Congratulations to Manel SMINE for successfully defending her PhD at IMT Atlantique on “Software-defined Security for Network Function Virtualization”
On Monday 5 December 2022, Manel SMINE, PhD, successfully defended her work “Software-defined security for network function virtualisation” for the degree of “Doctor of IMT Atlantic”. After a very nice presentation of her work, the jury was convinced that she should obtain the PhD degree. Big congratulations Manel! We are looking forward to working with you in the future.
The members of the jury were :
- M. Marc-Oliver PAHL, Directeur de recherche – IMT Atlantique
- M. Abdelmalek BENZEKRI, Professeur – Université Paul Sabatier
- Mme Françoise SAILHAN, Professeur – IMT Atlantique
- M. David ESPES, Maître de conférences – Université de Bretagne Occidentale
- M. Joaquin GARCIA-ALFARO, Professeur – Télécom SudParis
- M. Rémi BADONNEL, Professeur – Université de Lorraine
Abstract of the thesis
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) is a network architecture concept which virtualizes network functions (firewalling, DNS, intrusion detection, etc.). It creates a Virtualized Network Function (VNF) instance that is deployed over a virtualized infrastructure. NFV is introduced as a new methodology that offers several advantages such as the optimization of the resources and the improvement of network efficiency and performance. Despite those advantages, security concerns are an important obstacle for a wide adoption of NFV. New threats and vulnerabilities are inevitably introduced. The objective in this work is to enhance the security of VNF network services by controlling the communication between the different components of the network service through the deployment of access control policies.
About Manel SMINE
My name is Manel Smine, and I did a master’s degree in “Cloud Computing and Services” in 2017. After that I did an internship in IMT-Atlantique for six months. My experience in programming, software analysis, and IT technical management helped me to master several essential technologies such as developing information systems, software analysis, and design, virtualization, and storage techniques. Currently, I am enrolling in the Ph.D. program, entitled “Software-defined Security for Network Function Virtualization” at IMT Atlantique Rennes.
- Les AFTERS by Pôle Excellence Cyber - April 7, 2023
- Federated Learning as enabler for Collaborative Security between not Fully-Trusting Distributed Parties - February 10, 2023
- [RU2/22] Anthony DAVID : Virtual Reality for cybersecurity data vizualisation - December 21, 2022