Chaire CyberCNI @EDF Paris (21.9.2021) – Hassan CHAITOU, Security risk optimization for learning on heterogeneous quality data
On Sep 21, 2021, we had the pleasure to visit our partner EDF in Paris Palaiseau! Here is another highlight presentation:
Hassan CHAITOU, Security risk optimization for learning on heterogeneous quality data
A classifier is a component used in the automation of “decision-making” or complex data abstraction: intruder detection, speed limitation extraction. For an efficient classifier, the training must be on a large volume of data and be renewed over time by integrating or revoking certain learning data. From a security point of view, this process represents a risk since it offers the attacker various ways of degrading classifier performance (either by forcing classifications mischievous, either by randomly degrading its performance). These two types of attacks require more or less effort from the attacker.
This risk is exacerbated when data comes from sources (network equipment, organizations) corresponding to heterogeneous trust levels. Hassan’s thesis aims at controlling the risk associated with this update via game theory in the case where the confidence in the learning data is not homogeneous.
Program of the day
- 10h00 Youssef LAAROUCHI : Welcome
- 10h10 Marc-Oliver PAHL : La chaire cyberCNI.fr
- 10h30 Léo LAVAUR, T9 : Federated learning for defending Cyber-Attacks
- 10h50 Awaleh HOUSSEIN MERANEH, T1 : Automated learning and handling of Cyber-Physical Attacks
- 11h10 Julius BÜNGER : Keeping software in massive IoT installations up-to-date
- 11h30 Hassan CHAITOU, T4 : Optimisation du risque de sécurité pour l’apprentissage sur données de qualité hétérogène
- 11h50 Mariana SEGOVIA, Post-Doc 1 : Switch-based Resilient Control of Cyber-Physical Systems
- 12h10 Nicolas DELCOMBEL, T2 : Cyber Sécurité en Réalité Virtuelle
- 12h30 Anthony David, Immersive Cybersecurity
- 12h50 Marc-Oliver Pahl : Cyber CNI testbed
- 13h00 Demo Augmented Reality for Cybersecurity (Nicolas, Anthony)
About the research updates at the partners
The chair Cybersecurity for Critical Networked Infrastructures (CyberCNI.fr) has currently six industrial partners: Airbus, Amossys, BNP Paribas, EDF, Nokia, SNCF. There is continuous exchange between the PhD students and the partners. Every six months, there is an additional research update (spring/fall) event that provides the opportunity to see all running works together. In addition, research updates are done with and at specific partners.
The advantage of such an event is having even more people from the respective company present. This permits interesting discussions and regularly leads to even more people following the works of the chair.
- IMT Symposium: Nicolas Delcombel, “Virtual Reality for cybersecurity” - April 20, 2022
- Cyber CNI 2021 fall Research Updates: Update of our Platform - March 16, 2022
- Cyber CNI 2021 fall Research Updates: revue of the year 2021 - March 9, 2022