Visit of Florida International University
Mid May, our chairholder Marc-Oliver Pahl visited Florida International University (FIU) to exchange on current research tendencies and future collaborations. He had exchange with three teams at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Regarding topics, this visit confirmed that the chair is on the forefront regarding current streams in the research community. Regarding future collaboration, especially the exchange about research methodologies was very insightful.
About the Knight Foundation School of Computing and Information Sciences
The Knight Foundation School of Computing and Information Sciences was formed in 1987 from the former Department of Mathematical Sciences. The mission of the School has several dimensions, consistent with the overall mission of the University and consistent with its role as part of the College of Engineering and Computing.
- High-Quality Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Degree Programs for MS and PhD
- Basic and Applied Research in CS
- Provide Course work & Support for Non-CS Students
- Respond to needs of local & regional industry/govt.
- Provide Technical expertise to entire University
About Florida State University (FIU)
FIU is Miami’s public research university. Offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, both on campus and fully online, FIU is worlds ahead in its service to the academic and local community.
Designated as a top-tier research institution, FIU emphasizes research as a major component in the university’s mission. The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine and the Knight Foundation School of Computing and Information Sciences’ Discovery Lab, are just two of many colleges, schools, and centers that actively enhance the university’s ability to set new standards through research initiatives.
For over four decades, FIU has positioned itself as one of South Florida’s anchor institutions by solving some of the greatest challenges of our time. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of the local and global community. With a student body of more than 56,000, we are among the top 10 largest universities in the nation and have collectively graduated more than 275,000 alumni, 165,000 of whom live and work in South Florida.
- Securing Autonomous and Connected Vehicles: Cybersecurity Challenges, Mohammad Hamad (TUM) - February 9, 2024
- Welcome Mathis Durand! - January 31, 2024
- Season’s Greetings and Best Wishes for the New Year from Cyber CNI Chair - December 24, 2023